Parkinson’s disease affects 1 million people in America alone and another 10 million worldwide. If you’re struggling with Parkinson’s disease, shaving can be a challenge. You may have tremors and find it hard to maintain the right pressure or angle for a clean shave.
If this sounds like you, then an electric razor might be the best option. But which one should you choose? There are many different types of razors on the market. It can feel overwhelming to decide which type is best for you.
This article will give a rundown of the best electric razors for Parkinson’s patients. We also reviewed the Best Weighted Utensils in our blog that would be the ideal solution for tremors and Parkinson’s patients while eating.
We’ve put together this guide so that you know what features to look for in an electric razor to ease your decision-making process.
Let’s have a look at our compiled list of the eight Top electric razors for Parkinson’s patients.
- Panasonic Arc5 Electric Razor– Cordless razor for Parkinson’s patients.
- Braun Electric Razor for Men, Series 7 790cc– Razor for sensitive skin.
- SweetLF Cordless 3D Rechargeable Wet & Dry-3D technology razor for Parkinson’s patients.
- Philips Norelco SP9820/87 Shaver– Trimmer with the premium case.
- Braun Electric Razor, Series 7 7893s Electric Foil Shaver– Wet and dry razor for Parkinson’s patients
- Braun Electric Razor, Series 5 5140s Electric Shaver– Powerful trimmer for curly hairs.
- Philips Norelco MG7791/40 Multi Groomer, 29 Piece Men’s Grooming Kit– Trimmer with multiple groomers.
- Philips Norelco S9721/89 Shaver 9700– Heavy battery trimmer for Parkinson’s patients.
Our Top Picks
Let's have a look Table of Contents
- Comparison of 8 Best Electric Razors for Parkinson’s Patients
- Some Important Features of the Best Electric Razor for Parkinson’s Patients.
- 1. Panasonic Arc5 Electric Razor
- 2. Braun Electric Razor for Men Series 7 790cc
- 3. SweetLF Cordless 3D Rechargeable Wet & Dry
- 4. Philips Norelco SP9820/87 Shaver
- 5. Braun Electric Razor for Men, Series 7 7893s Electric Foil Shaver
- 6. Braun Electric Razor for Men, Series 5 5140s Electric Shaver
- 7. Philips Norelco MG7791/40 Multi Groomer, 29 Piece Men’s Grooming Kit
- 8. Norelco S9721/89 Shaver 9700
- Buyer Guide
- Adjustable Settings
- Cordless Use
- Wet/Dry Shaving Capabilities
- Rotating Head
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- More Recommended Comfortable Electric Shaver for Elderly
Comparison of 8 Best Electric Razors for Parkinson’s Patients
Panasonic Arc5 Electric Razor
Run Time- 45 Minutes
Braun Electric Razor for Men, Series 7 790cc
Run Time- 50 Minutes
SweetLF Wet and Dry Waterproof Cordless 3D
Run Time- 120 Minutes
Philips Norelco SP9820/87 Shaver
Run Time- 60 Minutes
Braun Electric Razor for Men, Series 7 7893s
Run Time- 50 Minutes
Braun Electric Razor for Men, Series 5 5140s
Run Time- 50 Minutes
Philips Norelco MG7791/40 Multi Groomer, 29 Piece Men’s Grooming Kit
Run Time- 6 Hours
Philips Norelco S9721/89 Shaver 9700
Run Time- 60 Minutes
Some Important Features of the Best Electric Razor for Parkinson’s Patients.
Parkinson’s patients tend to have sensitive skin and find it hard to use a manual razor. So they need an electric razor that will cut close without irritation.
But with so many options out there, how do you know which is the best electric shaver for Parkinson’s? Here we’ll explore four features of the top electric razors for Parkinson’s patients.
EASY TO USE:
More than just a marketing term, this is the type of electric shaver that will minimize irritation and provide a close shave without pulling or tugging on your skin.
It should also be specifically designed to handle precision shaving around your jawline and neck area. The good razors are usually those with updated motors and larger heads (especially if you have enormous authority).
Again, these shavers often come at a higher price point but can last years longer than cheaper models – so in the long run, they’re pretty economical!
A pop-up trimmer is ideal because it gives you control over how much facial hair you want to trim.
For example, if you’re looking for a quick touch-up before an important meeting or event, the trimmer can be popped up and used without ever having to remove the electric shaver from your face.
WET & DRY:
The electric razors are designed with versatility in mind – they should work well dry and wet (i.e., with shaving cream). Many people find that using water helps them get a closer shave than when they only use their hands or brush alone.
Some models come with unique lubricating strips which provide additional moisture while you shave, so it’s worth checking these out too!
The length of the handle should be proportionate with the size and weight of the electric razor itself as well as how comfortable it is for you to grip in either hand.
This means that if you have small hands or limited mobility on one side due to Parkinson’s symptoms – such as tremor – then look out for models which come with rechargeable handles explicitly designed for this purpose! It’ll give you more control over shaving without compromising ergonomics.
Let’s start our review of the eight top best electric razors for patients so that you can pick for yourself after detailed information about the product.
1. Panasonic Arc5 Electric Razor
Panasonic’s Arc5 Electric Razor is the latest and greatest in men’s grooming technology. The 5-blade, wet/dry shaving system features a precision-honed 30° blade angle that ensures smooth results.
The powerful motor delivers 14,000 cuts per minute for a quick shave with less irritation.
The Arc5 also comes equipped with Panasonic’s unique “Shave Sensor Technology, ” making it the best electric razor for loose skin.
The Panasonic electric razor delivers an incredibly smooth, comfortable, and close shave. The Arc5 is the world’s first electric razor to feature Multiflex Pivoting Head and Multi-fit ARC Foil for maximum facial adaptability and comfort.
Electric Razor will help Parkinson’s patients to shave with less irritation. The 5-blade shaving system delivers outstanding performance and comfort. The blades are angled to provide a close, clean shave while reducing pressure if you have any mobility issues.
- The Panasonic Electric Razor is a wet/dry razor that you can use in the shower.
- It has a sharp blade and pivoting head for easy handling.
- The blade of this electric razor is made from stainless steel, which makes it durable and long-lasting.
- It means you will not have to replace your razor as often as you would with other razors.
- Built into the handle of the electric shaver are two pop-up trimmers that are perfect for trimming sideburns or mustaches without having to use another tool or device.
Multi-Flex Pivoting Head
- The head-on this electric shaver can pivot in every direction so that it can easily reach all areas of your face, including those hard to reach places like under the nose and around the mouth area.
- It also allows you to get a closer shave than you would with other types of razors.
Built-in Shaving Sensor Monitors
- The shaving sensor monitors the density of your beard so that you get an even shave every time!
- You’ll never have to worry about getting nicks or cuts again when using this electric razor because it will protect your skin from any irritation.
The Panasonic ES-LV65 Wet Dry Shaver is a neat little device that will help you get all of those pesky hairs on your face. It has dimensions 2.1 x 2.8 x 6.5 inches and weighs 6.88 ounces, making it perfect for storing in any drawer or bag without taking up too much space.
The blades are a 30° edge which means they cut hair cleanly for good results while shaving, giving this shaver great quality features like 14000 cuts per minute with 1 C batteries required (included)!
You’ll love saving time every morning when using the Panasonic ES-LV65 wet dry shavers because their ergonomically designed handle fits comfortably into your hand as well as being waterproof, so there’s no risk.
- Wet dry shaver
- Fast cut
- Perfect pivoting head
- Some complaints about customer support
WHY DO WE LIKE IT?
The Arc5 Electric Razor is Panasonic’s most advanced and versatile electric shaver. Its Multi-Flex pivoting head, hypoallergenic blades, and water-resistant design provide a comfortable shave with less irritation.
The Arc5 features five individual shaving elements that follow the contours of your face to deliver a fast, close shave every time. Plus, you can use it wet or dry for convenience.
2. Braun Electric Razor for Men Series 7 790cc
The Braun Series 7 is the most advanced shaver from Braun. It is designed to give you a close shave without irritating your skin.
The Series 7 combines Braun’s most advanced shaving technology with intelligent sonic technology that captures more hair in a single stroke than any other Braun shaver.
The four specialized shaving elements capture more hair in one stroke than any other shaver. The Series 7 also features an Active Lift trimmer that captures flat-lying hairs, and a precision trimmer makes it the best electric shaver for shaky hands.
The Active Lift trimmer captures flat-lying hairs in problem areas like the neck and chin.
Easy To Use
- The Braun electric shaver is easy to use, with an ergonomic design and a simple on/off button. It’s perfect for sensitive skin!
8-D Contour Adaptation
- The Braun Series 7 has the unique ability to adapt to your face’s contours, so you’ll always get a close shave.
Clean & Charge
- This electric razor comes with a clean and charge station, which cleans, lubricates, and dries your shaver at the touch of a button.
- You’ll never have to worry about cleaning it manually again!
4 Shaving Elements
- A combination of 4 shaving elements ensures a close shave with minor irritation. It includes two specialized cutting elements and 1 Skin Guard, protecting sensitive skin from cuts and irritation.
The product offers 50 min of cordless shaving and requires a lithium-ion battery. Moreover, the electric shaver has dimensions of 10.12 x 6.3 x 6.3 inches with a weight of 1.97 Pounds.
- Cordless electric shaver
- No irritation
- Bit pricey
WHY DO WE LIKE IT?
It offers a fast, close and comfortable shave. The Series 7 features five personalized modes to adjust to your face and beard type: Extra Sensitive, Normal, or Intensive.
Five synchronized shaving elements move in eight directions capturing more hair in every stroke while maximizing skin contact for minor irritation.
3. SweetLF Cordless 3D Rechargeable Wet & Dry
The SweetLF Cordless 3D Rechargeable electric shaver is an excellent shaver for men who want the convenience of a rechargeable shaver. It is the best electric shaver for tough beard and sensitive skin.
It features three rotary heads that provide a close and comfortable shave every time. The pop-up trimmer adds versatility to this shaver, allowing you to maintain your beard or sideburns as well.
This electric shaver is 100% waterproof, so you can use it in the shower or rinse it off under running water with ease.
- For detailed trimming and edging, perfect for sideburns, mustaches, beards, and other facial hair.
Wet And Dry:
- Shave dry or wet with gel or foam for extra skin protection. Enjoy a refreshing shower while shaving!
- The powerful motor delivers a fast and close shave without irritating your skin.
USB QUICK CHARGING & LED DISPLAY:
- Fast charging time of 120 minutes of cordless power
- LED display shows battery status at all times.
Easy To Use
- For the first time, you’ll enjoy a close shave without irritation.
For Sensitive Skin
- The shaver is designed to glide smoothly over your skin, so there’s no pulling or tugging.
- You’ll feel smooth and comfortable after every shave.
- Perfect for trimming hair on your face, neck, and body with just a click of a button.
You’ll be able to have a close, clean shave for 120 minutes on the go. The SWEETLF SWS7105 is just what you need! It’s compact and light enough with dimensions of 6.18 x 2.52 x 2.36 inches, and the weight is 6.17 Ounces.
- Long battery time
- Little noisy
WHY DO WE LIKE IT?
We like this product as it comes with a pop-up trimmer and features a fast and effective shaving system to give you a clean and smooth shave without any irritation.
The electric razor has a waterproof design that allows you to use it in the shower or swimming. It comes with three rotary blades that deliver an exceptionally close shave.
4. Philips Norelco SP9820/87 Shaver
The Philips Norelco Shaver 9700 is the world’s most advanced rotary shaver and is the best shaver for the disabled. It features to follow every curve of your face for a close and comfortable shave.
The Ultra Track heads have three shaving tracks that catch every hair, even on the neck and jawline. A dual blade system cuts hairs growing in different directions, while a Direct & Cut trimmer captures tricky hairs with precision.
The Jet Clean, System cleans, lubricates, dries, and charges your shaver at the touch of a button.
- The Philips Norelco Shaver 9800, with its Skin Comfort rings and the Aquatec seal for a comfortable dry shave or a refreshing wet shave, is perfect for any man.
Easy To Use
- The Smart Click precision trimmer helps you achieve that perfect look, whether it’s stubble or sideburns.
3D Contour Detect Technology
- The Sensor Touch 3D contour detects technology enables the shaver to glide smoothly over your face and neck. You can use it in both wet and dry conditions, so you can use it in the shower if you want to save time on shaving in the morning.
- This electric shaver has an ergonomic design that makes it easy to hold and maneuver around your face. It also comes with a travel lock feature that prevents accidental starts when traveling. You’ll never have to worry about forgetting to turn off your razor again!
This electric shaver features NanoTech precision blades 40% thinner than standard ones, giving you a smoother shave with less irritation. With an 8-direction contour system, weight i.52 and dimensions are : 10.04 x 6.3 x 4.17 inches.
- Blade quality
- Irritation free
- Easy to hold
- No technical con in the product.
WHY DO WE LIKE IT?
The Philips Norelco Shaver 9000 Prestige with Comfort Cut Blade System is the ultimate electric shaver for the disabled. With patented Dual Precision heads, this shaver cuts both long hairs and short stubble for a fast and efficient shave.
5. Braun Electric Razor for Men, Series 7 7893s Electric Foil Shaver
If you are looking for the best electric razor for dementia patients, then we got your need. Braun’s Series 7 7893s electric shaver is the most advanced shaving technology to date.
With a precision trimmer and intelligent sonic technology, this razor will give you an incredibly close shave.
Braun’s 7893s electric shaver for men features intelligent sonic technology that automatically increases power in the middle of a shave to get virtually every hair.
The Series 7 shaver has three specialized shaving elements that work together to capture different hair types – longer hairs captured by the center element and short stubble by the other two. The result is an incredibly close shave with no missed hairs.
- The Braun Series 7 7893s electric shaver lets you choose the proper model for your skin. Choose sensitive mode if you have sensitive skin, turbo mode if you want a close shave, or intensive mode if you need to shave faster.
4 Shaving Elements
- The Braun electric razor has four shaving elements that capture more hair in one stroke than two blades.
- It also features an OptiFoil™ with smaller holes than the foil itself, so it captures even flat-lying hairs.
50min Cordless Shaving
- Enjoy 50 minutes of cordless shaving after just 1 hour of charging*. To charge, simply plug into any outlet using the included power adapter.
The electric shaver offers continuous shaving of 50 minutes with its cordless features. The product has dimensions of 2.66 x 6.1 x 8.74 inches, and the weight of the product is very lightweight.
- Compact and portable
- Continuous shaving
- Some buyers say it takes a little longer.
WHY DO WE LIKE IT?
Braun’s Series 7 electric foil shaver is the ultimate electric razor for men. The shaving head has a MicroComb that guides hair to the cutting elements for outstanding performance in every stroke.
A robust linear motor delivers 13 000 cuts per minute and 40 000 cross-cutting actions per minute to remove more hair in every pass than any other Braun shaver.
6. Braun Electric Razor for Men, Series 5 5140s Electric Shaver
Braun has a perfect choice for you if you search for the best electric razor for shaving head bald. Braun’s Series 5 5140s feature five synchronized shaving elements to shave long hair and short stubble.
The Braun 5140s Shaver provides you with the ultimate clean shave experience, even when used in the shower. Its Precision Trimmer allows for those hard-to-reach areas such as sideburns and mustaches.
A fast linear motor captures more hair in every stroke while its OptiFoil technology delivers an efficient close shave with less skin irritation. You can also use it cordless or corded.
Auto Skin Sensing Motor
- The Braun Series 5 features the unique Auto Sensing motor that automatically increases power when needed and delivers extra power where it’s required most.
- It means that you can get the best possible shave, even on sensitive skin.
- This razor’s 100% waterproof design makes it easy to clean in the shower or with running water, so you don’t have to worry about clogged shaving heads or messy cleaning routines.
- It also comes with an integrated pop-up trimmer which allows you to groom your sideburns and mustache efficiently and effectively.
8 Direction Comfort Flex Head
- The patented Comfort Flex head automatically adjusts to every contour of your face and neck for maximum skin contact, even over problem areas like the jawline and under the chin
Braun manufactures the product, and the product has dimensions of 6.22 x 3.15 x 8.74 inches, and the weight is 13.44 Ounces.
- Precision timer
- 10 directions
- It took some time for shaving
WHY DO WE LIKE IT?
Braun’s Electric Razor for Men, Series 5 5140s Electric Shaver with Precision Trimmer is the ultimate grooming tool. The electric razor features a precision trimmer that you can use to style your sideburns and mustache and trim long hair.
The shaver is also waterproof, allowing you to use it in the shower or when you are in a hurry and do not have time to dry your face properly.
7. Philips Norelco MG7791/40 Multi Groomer, 29 Piece Men’s Grooming Kit
The Philips Norelco Multi groom Pro has a unique design that allows you to groom your face, head, body, and even the hard-to-reach areas.
It features four attachments for trimming and shaping facial hair, five attachments for trimming body hair, and three trimmer guards detailing sideburns or beards.
The ergonomic handle is rubberized for comfort, while its self-sharpening steel blades are designed to cut smoothly without pulling.
Trim And Style Your Face, Hair, And Body
- The Philips Norelco Multi Groomer is the ultimate grooming solution for men who want to look their best.
13 Tools In One
- With this premium grooming kit, you can trim your beard and mustache with precision, style your hair with a comb attachment and even shave any body part that needs it.
Washable Stainless Steel Trimmer
- This trimmer features self-sharpening blades that stay sharp longer than other brands. It also has a rounded head to prevent nicks and cuts while trimming or shaving sensitive areas like under the nose or jawline. Plus, its blades are designed for close shaves without irritating your skin.
Convenient Storage Case
- This premium grooming kit comes with a convenient storage case so you can keep all of its attachments organized in one place.
- Just snap it shut when not in use and keep it on your countertop or bathroom shelf. You’ll always know where everything is!
The product comes with 13 accessories, and the product has dimensions of 3.7 x 7.56 x 8.82 inches with a weight of 1.5 Pounds.
- All accessories include
- Storage case
- Washable material
- Not work well with wet hairs
WHY DO WE LIKE IT?
The Philips Norelco MG7791/40 is a grooming kit that includes everything you need to achieve the perfect shave.
This groomer has a vacuum system to catch hair trimmings and an integrated storage compartment for your shaver and all of its accessories.
8. Norelco S9721/89 Shaver 9700
Here we have the best electric shaver for seniors. Phillip Shaver 9700 is equipped with a powerful V-Track precision blade system that ensures close, fast shaving, even on the neck and jawline.
The blades sharpen themselves as they work, so you never need to replace them. An innovative, clean system automatically cleans, lubricates, dries, charges, and lasts up to 50 minutes per charge. The included charging stand makes it easy to keep your shaver fully charged.
For Sensitive Skin
- The Philips Norelco Shaver 9700 is designed to shave even the most sensitive areas of your face.
Smart Clean Plus System
- This system includes a Smart Clean Plus cleaning station that automatically lubricates, dries, and charges your shaver.
Contour Detect Technology
- This technology allows for maximum skin contact while shaving and helps prevent nicks and cuts.
The product has a dimension of 7.87 x 11.18 x 5.71 inches with a weight of 3.21 Pounds. Moreover, it requires a lithium-ion battery and offers a 1 hr run time.
- Secure electric shaver
- We don’t find any technical con in the product,
WHY DO WE LIKE IT?
No matter the length or thickness of your beard, the Philips Norelco S9721/89 Shaver 9700 will give you a close and comfortable shave.
This electric shaver has rounded blades that flex outward to follow every curve of your face, minimizing pressure and irritation.
The HydroFlex heads can be rinsed clean under running water so you can shave any time without worrying about keeping the shaver dry.
You may read also: Best Exercise Bike For Parkinson’s Patients in 2022
Parkinson’s patients may not have complete control of their facial muscles, making shaving an arduous task. Electric razors are a better option for people with this condition.
However, finding the best electric razor for Parkinson’s patients isn’t always easy as there are many different features that you should consider before purchasing one. Read on to find out what they are!
Electric razors for Parkinson’s patients need to be lightweight so that the user can handle them effectively.
If it’s too heavy, then the movement will become difficult, and this could cause injury as well.
The good electric razor for Parkinson’s disease also needs a comfortable grip because someone with Parkinson’s may have trouble holding onto things properly; this is an important consideration when you’re looking at the different features of each product – some might offer ergonomic handles or even grips on either side to make shaving easier!
One significant factor differentiating between electric shavers is their settings, including speed and power levels.
Some may take time to find your perfect setting, but it’s worth spending time to find the right one so that you have a comfortable shave!
For customers prone to cuts and nicks, a razor’s blade quality is often deciding which product to purchase.
Razor blades can be made of one or more materials, which affects the durability and cutting ability.
Electric razors range in price from a few dollars to the hundreds, with some brands even costing upwards of $500! Factors like blade quality, your personal needs for features such as power settings, and charging abilities will determine what kind of razor is best for you.
Electric shavers stand apart from manual ones by being cordless – this means they are fully portable and convenient to take on trips without having to worry about packing cords or batteries.
Wet/Dry Shaving Capabilities
This vacuum allows customers who prefer wet shaving (either through water or cream) a chance at finding the best electric razor for Parkinson’s disease with wet features.
One of the essential features to look for in an electric razor is a rotating head – this allows you to shave more surfaces of your skin at once and make shaving quicker.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. Can you use shaving cream with an electric razor?
Yes, but it’s not a great idea. The hair and shaving cream can clog the head of the razor.
Q. How to shave with an electric razor without irritation?
First, you need to get a good razor. And wetter is better because it helps the hair stand up and makes shaving easier. Then, put on some moisturizing cream; this will help prevent irritation.
Q. Is it better to shave wet or dry with an electric razor?
Wet is better. It’s easier to get a close shave, and the razor will work best if it isn’t dried out.
Q. How to clean an electric shaver?
For best results, clean your shaver after every use. If you don’t have time to wait for the shaver to dry, wipe it off with a damp cloth. Make sure not to get any water or liquid inside of the razor.
Q. Can you sharpen the electric razor?
Yes, of course, you can sharpen the electric razor. You need to be cautious because it’s easy to cut yourself.
More Recommended Comfortable Electric Shaver for Elderly
We hope that this article has helped you find the best electric razor for Parkinson’s patients and if you want to know when shaving a patient’s face? please stay with us to make better decisions in the future. For more information on any of these products, including pricing, click on the links in our post or contact us with questions!
I like to think positive about life. I always wanted to be a great writer, like Victor Hugo and Roman Roland, who have influenced millions of people through their books. I like to write an article on unique topics, where I try my best to provide important information that will meet the need of the people